About this policy
The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) ("the Act") governs the ways in which private sector organisations use, collect and disclose personal information.
Gemcell will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. However, Gemcell usually collects personal information for the purpose of conducting games, draws and competitions in its magazine, “Electrical Gems”.
As required by APP 1 and APP 5 Gemcell discloses the following:
- The identity of the company is Gemcell Pty Ltd and it can be contacted at Suite 2.12, 29-31 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista, NSW, 2153. Telephone: 02 8814 1174 Website: www.gemcell.com.au
- The personal information is collected for the purpose of Gemcell's operations and to conduct games, draws and competitions in its magazine "Electrical Gems".
- The individual is entitled to access to the personal information collected and to seek correction of such personal information in accordance with APP 12 and APP 13.
- The personal information will not be disclosed to any third party except with the individual's consent or as required by law, e.g. to law enforcement agencies, or to service providers retained in the course of Gemcell's operations, e.g. the printer of the "Electrical Gems" magazine.
- The consequences if the personal information is not disclosed is that the individual or any associated member of the Gemcell Electrical Wholesaling Group will not be eligible to participate in any game, draw or competition conducted by Gemcell.
- Gemcell is not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
If you have any queries or concerns about Gemcell's collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact Gemcell's Privacy Officer on telephone 02 8814 1174